Events in Belize
EVENTS dates may be subject to change. For more details, send me an email.
- New Year’s Day – Krem New Year’s Cycling Classic. On new year’s day cycling takes over the Philip Goldson Highway as local . and international riders race between Corozal to Belize City
- Horse Racing in Burrell Boom - Race starts at the entrance of the track and the horses run 1 mile around. The horses run in classes, resting for an hour then they race again.
- San Pedro Carnival - This colorful three-day carnival is held annually in San Pedro to celebrate the Easter season. It starts three days before Ash Wednesday and is a mess of flying paint in flour, so this is one time to embrace getting absolutely covered in color and take it on the chin.
- Valentine’s Cycle race - This race starts in Belmopan, continues to Benque Viejo, and returns to Belize City.
- Placencia Sidewalk Arts & Music Festival - Visual and performing artists from Placencia and across Belize showcase their best along Placencia’s historic sidewalk. Shop for Belizean art and explore Belize’s vibrant music scene.
- Orange Walk Rum Festival - A festival highlighting the best of Belizean made rums. This event features numerous highlights such as bartending competitions games and live in Orange Walk Town.
- National Hero’s & Benefactors Day - National celebration of Belize’s greatest benefactor, Harbor Regatta, cycling race and kite contest in Belize City
- Women’s Cross Country Cycling Classic - Race from Cayo to Belize City
- La Ruta Maya Cane River Challenge Canoe Race - Starts from San Ignacio to Belize City. A four-day canoe race, it retracts the route of the ancient Mayas. The race ends at the Belcan Bridge.
- San Jose Succotz Fiesta Cayo - This annual fair is held in honor of the patron of the village of San Jose Succotz. Saint Joseph. Highlights include traditional foods, music and dances.
- Hopkins Mango Festival - Celebrating the start of the mango season. Enjoy the local games, cultural performances, live music, food and drinks for the entire family.
- Holy Saturday Cross Country Classic - The biggest cycling event in the country, from Belize City to Cayo and back.
- Burrell Boom Horse Race - The annual horse race is held on Easter Monday at the Castleton Race track in Burrell Boom. This event is very competitive as jockey race for cash prices.
- Holy Week in Benque Viejo - In the week leading up to Ester Sunday, the streets of the western border town of Benque Viejo Del Carmen are transformed with carpets of brightly colored sawdust, as the reenactment of Jesus’s crucifixion unfolds.
- San Pedro Lagoon – Reef Eco Challenge - The Eco Challenge is a 42 miles, two-day kayak race starting on the lagoon side of Ambergris Caye, through the many lagoons in the North Ambergris Caye area, up to Bacalar Chico, then down to Robles Point, where all teams camp and the race then resumes the following day and finishes in, San Pedro Town.
- Cashew Festival - Held in Crooked Tree Village, this festival celebrates the Cashew harvest season, where live Punta music, cashew wine, desserts, Caribbean style dishes and games are the main attractions.
- National Agricultural & Trade Show - This Trade Show is held annually in our capital city of Belmopan. It highlights Agricultural Diversification, food, rodeo, livestock, handcraft displays, music, games, and food.
- The Chocolate Festival of Belize - The Festival opens on a Friday with a Wine & Chocolate Night, featuring local & international wines, chocolate based cocktails and hors d oeuvres. Saturday brings you the Taste of Toledo street fair, with cookery, chocolate demonstrations and host of cacao related activities for all ages. The festival Finale takes on Sunday where traditional Maya dances, cultural musical performances and local chocolatiers can be enjoyed.
- Mother’s Day Cycling Classic - Race starts in Cayo, to the border and back to Belize City
- Caye Caulker Lobster Fest - Lobster feasts in Caye Caulker, marking the opening of the lobster season. A variety of lobster dishes are prepared. A Bicycle Race and live music accompanies the fest. Honor patron saint of St. Peter with an early morning boat parade. Boats and fishermen are blessed. Fiesta and jump up follows.
- San Pedro Lobster Fest - San Pedro celebrates the lobster season with a week full of activities. A wide array of dishes is show-cased as well as dances help in honor of the lobster.
- Placencia Lobster Fest - Activities such as a fishing tournament, bicycle race, music, drinks and ALL lobster dishes.
- Summer Solstice - Activities at many larger Maya sites.
- Dia de San Pedro - Three-day fair in celebration of town patron, St Peter. This day is dedicated to celebrating all things San Pedro
- Hopkins Mango Festival - The Southern village comes alive in celebration of the season with all things Mango. Enjoy the local games, cultural performances, live music, food and drinks for the entire family.
- Benque Viejo Fiesta - The annual Benque Fiesta, fair made in honor of the town’s patron saint: Our Lady of Mount Carmel. Attractions include a beauty pageant, mechanical rides, fireworks, games, cultural performances, food and drinks.
- Fiestarama - This grand celebration is held in Orange Walk District, features local business, cultural entertainment and an abundance of tasty food and drinks.
- International Costa Maya Festival - Help in Sa Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye, this festival attracts local and international artists from all over the Americas who came together to put on a multicultural spectacle for a celebratory week of dance, music, pageants, food and drinks.
- Willows Bank Fyah Haat Festival - This predominant Creole community is the location for this highly anticipated festival. Enjoy the flavors and cuisines of Belize, cooked on a makeshift stove, a tradition of Belize.
- San Joaquin Festival - The Catholic Church and Village Council of San Joaquin in Corozal District organize this three-day festival in honor of the village’s patron Saint. Highlights include cultural presentation, mechanical rides, live music, food and drinks,
- San Antonio Village – Maya Deer Dance Festival. The Deer Dance Festival is a traditional celebratory dance of the Maya and it is held annually in San Antonio Village.
- Queen of the Bay Pageant
- Carnival King and Queen
- Fire Engine Parade in Belize City
- Carnival Road March - March through the streets of Belize ending at the BTL parks where various groups perform to determine the best carnival band.
- Battle of St George's Caye - Public & Bank Holiday in celebration of the Battle of St George's Caye Official ceremonies and Citizen's Parade and Fair are held.
- Military, Police and Fire Tattoo
- Belize Expo
- Flag Raising Ceremonies
- Independence Day Ceremonies and Parade - The public and bank holiday commemorates the country's Independence day ceremonies and parades and are held in the most district towns as well as Belize City and Belmopan Numerous, cultural, religious and sporting events take place.
- Sir Barry's Belikin Bash -Belize City - This week long event includes nightly entertainment, food and of course plenty of ice cold Belikin beer.
- Placencia Yamaha Marelco Saltwater Fishing Tournament - An Annual fishing tournament held annually in the Placencia Village
- Tide Fish Festival - An Annual event that occurs in Punta Gorda Town on the Pan American Holiday weekend to raise awareness about environmental issues. It consists of three parts- the Seafood Gala (tasting of fresh seafood caught in the Port Honduras Marine Reserve) the youth Conservation Competition (presentation on Environmental themes) and the fish Festival early morning fishing tournament in the Port Honduras Marine Reserve
- Belize International Festival - The Belize International Film Festival is an event held annually which features local regional and international film makers of all calibers. its offers event goers the opportunity to view top films and music videos in Belize
- Garifuna Settlement Day - Marks the 1832 arrival of the Garifuna people to Stann Creek Mainly celebrated in southern Belize. The reenactment of their arrival is the main attraction with Religious. Cultural and parade activities continuing for the rest of the day.
- Battle of the Drums - The Competition and show allows groups to complete and display their musical artistry I playing different categories of Garifuna drumming. Held annually on the Saturday preceding the 19th of November.
- Taco Festival - This food & Music festival held in Orange Walk Town attracts taco enthusiasts from all over BELIZE. as well as tacos of many varieties there is live music a canoe race and games for everyone.
- The love FM Christmas Parade - An annual Christmas parade showcasing bands and floats from all over the country to give a spectacular show through the main streets of Belize City.
- Holiday Boat Lighting Parade - During the holiday season on Ambergris Caye, boats are decorated and sail from Boca del Rio to Coconut Hotel in San Pedro, prizes are awarded to the most creatively designed boats. The award party provides fun for the entire family.